You are required to have motorcycle insurance in the state. While there are other ways to show financial responsibility, the easiest way to do so is with motorcycle insurance. To meet the minimums, you must have $50,000 for bodily injury coverage for an accident that involves two or more people. You must also have $25,000 for property damage coverage.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover in Ohio?
Motorcycle insurance covers certain vehicles. This includes scooters, mopeds, high-performance bikes, motocross bikes, and off-road/dual-purpose bikes. There are plenty of different types of policies that will cover various things to protect you and your property.
- Liability Insurance: This includes bodily injury and property damage protection. It helps to protect you from having to pay repair or injury bills for others. You want to get as much coverage as you can afford and consider your riding ability and your surroundings. An agent at Costanzo Insurance Agency can help you determine how much coverage you need.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage will pay for your repairs after an accident or another event. Collision coverage can help repair the bike if you cause an accident. Comprehensive coverage will cover your motorcycle after a non-collision incident, such as vandalism.
- Total Loss Coverage: If your bike is totaled, total loss coverage will pay the suggested retail price of the current make and model of your motorcycle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Some unique risks come with riding a motorcycle. Having medical payments coverage can be essential after an accident, especially if you don’t have a health insurance plan that can cover your needs. This coverage will protect you no matter who caused the accident.
- Optional Equipment Coverage: Adding some touches to your bike can enhance the riding experience. These customizations don’t come cheap, so you want to protect these additions.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you get into an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance, then this coverage will kick in to cover damage and injuries.
Contact Costanzo Insurance Agency to get a quote on motorcycle insurance.